Migraine does not take lives but days from your life. Take them back!
June 2nd 11:30 - 11:45
Is a digital platform useful in headache training?
Dr Luca Maria Messina received a medical degree summa cum laude from the University of Palermo, Italy. Resident medical doctor at “AZIENDA OSPEDALIERA UNIVERSITARIA POLICLINICO PAOLO GIACCONE, CHILD NEUROPSYCHIATRY, PALERMO, ITALY”.
and at “A.R.N.A.S. CIVICO – P.O. DI CRISTINA “OSPEDALE DEI BAMBINI”, PALERMO. ITALY”. DEPARTMENT OF CHILD NEUROPSYCHIATRY. In 2018 he received the fellowship from the EUROPEAN HEADACHE FEDERATION SCHOOL OF ADVANCED STUDIES. SISC (Italian Society for the Study of Headaches) regional councilor from 2018.
From January 2018 to today,I am part of the medical team in the project “La bottega dello 0-3”, a multidisciplinary project aimed at adaptive development of the newborn.
I collaborate with doctor Vincenzo Raieli in the implementation and operation of a digital platform for headache training of specialist. This project includes over 50 members among neurology or child neuropsychiatry specialists, pediatrics and family doctors and uses a website and an app for smartphone.
- L. M. Messina; C. Gallo; V. Raieli; E. Correnti; F. Vanadia: Abstract:"Cortical laminar necrosis in a 14-year old patient with status migrainosus". The Journal of Headache and Pain 2017, 18 (Suppl 1): P39
- Correnti; Brighina; Sandullo; Romano; Marchese; Loiacono; Messina, Raieli: Abstract:"Effectiveness of a digital platform for headache training of specialist".The Journal of Headache and Pain 2017, 18(Suppl 1): P70
- Vincenzo R, Luca Maria M, Flavia D, Luigi V, Filippo B. The Utility of a Digital Platform to Help Specialists Training in The management of Headaches: An Italian Experience. Biomed J Sci & Tech Res 15(1)-2019. BJSTR. MS.ID.002650.
- Edvige Correnti, Flavia Drago, Luca Maria Messina, Lucia Rocchitelli, Francesca Daiuto, Francesca Vanadia, Vincenzo Raieli Headaches in Preschoolers: are Red Flags Predictive of Positive Neuroimaging in Emergency Department?. SF J Headache Pain 1:1.
- Messina LM, Correnti E, Drago F, Plicato G, Rocchitelli L, et al. 2018. Indomethacin -Responsive Headaches in Pediatric Age: Nosographic Aspects and Limitations on the use of Indomethacin in Pediatric Population. J Neurol Exp Neurosci 4(2): 36-41.
- Messina LM, Correnti E, Rocchitelli L, Santangelo G, Giordano S, et al. Sydenham's chorea in paediatric age, a case with atypical response to treatment. Journal of Biomedical Science & Technology  1(1): 1-5.
- Vincenzo Raieli & Carmela Loiacono & Luca Maria Messina & Edvige Correnti & Filippo Brighina. Is a digital platform useful in headache training? A 4-year Italian experience. Neurological Sciences https://doi.org/10.1007/s10072-018-3540-x
- Messina LM, Vetri L, Rocchitelli L, Drago F, Silvestri L, D’Amico A, et al. Intractable Chronic Migraine in Adolescent: Multidisciplinary Approach. SM Pain Relief. 2018; 1(1): 1001.
- Vincenzo Raieli, Francesca Cardella, Rosaria Roppolo, Luca Maria Messina ,Francesca Vanadia, Filippo Brighina. Does Trochlear migraine exist? A“pure” pediatric case report and nosographic considerations. Curr Neurobiol 2019; 10(1): 1-4
- D. García-Azorin, N. Yamani, L. M. Messina, I. Peeters, M. Ferilli, D. Ovchinnikov, M. L. Speranza, V. Marini, A. Negro, S. Benemei, M. Barloese and on behalf of the European Headache Federation School of Advanced Studies (EHF-SAS). A PRISMA-compliant
systematic review of the endpoints employed to evaluate symptomatic treatments for primary headaches.